Monday, November 9, 2009

Vivaldi - Les Sonates pour flute traversie - Frisch JC






Vivaldi - Les Sonates pour flute traversie - Frisch JC
Baroque | Eac, flac, cue | log, cover | 1 CD, 350 MB
October 2, 2000 | Accord | RapidShare






Jean-Christophe Frisch, what is your background?


I grew up in a very musical family because my father, Jacques Frisch, was a harpsichordist and Scott Ross and Gilbert Bezzina were family friends. And travel also has had a very important place in my life. How can you not combine the two? When I was a teenager, I listened to a lot of traditional music and I loved it all. I also played the Baroque flute. I slowly came to realise that all the different kinds of music in the world are based on a dialectic between balance and imbalance, like Baroque music; that the fragile balance between written academic music and that of oral tradition tilted in a different direction in the West in the 18th century, with Mozart, because scored music at that time was considered to be the only "noble" kind of music. I loved what I heard but the idea had not yet occurred to me to make music my profession.

How did your career as a musician begin?

I was studying biology. I was especially aware of the alliance between scientific discipline and highly diversified discovery. I had the choice between a career in biology or one in music, and I chose music. Biology taught me scientific precision and discipline, which I have since applied to my musicology research. It's an approach that is a necessary counterpoint to the imagination and the taste for the exotic which are inspired by the themes we deal with.

Then, little by little, I experimented with the idea that "world music", or rather the cross between musical practices, is not an invention of the 20th century but one that has been a constant practice, particularly in the 17th and early 18th centuries. It's really this approach that has attracted me and caused me to change directions in the professional practice of music, which was not the idea at the beginning!"

How did the XVIII-21 Project begin?

I had the good luck to start out as a flutist with the Grande Écurie et la Chambre du Roi under the direction of Jean-Claude Malgoire. He is the one who showed me a fundamental aspect of my approach : musicology should never make us forget that we are entertainers and that on the stage, it is no longer useful to us! Then, for Adda and Erato, I began to record works of Gaspard le Roux, Marin Marais and the young Mozart. The critical reception encouraged me to develop what I had really wanted to do for a long time. In particular, the success of the recording of Vivaldi's complete flute sonatas made me decide to create XVIII-21 Musique des Lumières, become now XVIII-21 Le Baroque Nomade. I wanted to implement my conceptions of Baroque music : to compare our practices with the living traditions of music outside Europe, to practice the improvising that nourishes this music and make it even closer to our 21 st -century way of enjoying music."


CD Content

Flute Sonata in F Major, RV 52
Flute Sonata in D minor, RV 49
Flute Sonata in E minor, RV 50
Sonata for Recorder in G minor, RV 58
Sonata in C minor RV 53
Flute Sonata in C major, RV 48
Recorder Sonata in G minor, RV 51

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails